Monday, December 12, 2011

PIMA Air and Space Museum, Tucson Az.

The holy grail for Aeroplane enthusiasts! This was my second visit, the first being in 2005.  Here is a selection of shots I took.  Awesome day.

Fairchild A-10 Warthog.  Saw plenty of these in the skies over Tucson, as the tail code above is for the Davis Monthan AF base in Tucson, where the graveyard (AMARG) is located.

A view you don't want to be on the wrong end of!
F-14 Tomcat, ala Top Gun

One of my favorite aircraft, the F-4 Phantom.  This one was a member of the Thunderbirds, the Air Forces aerobatic show team  Awesome paint scheme.  Now, many of the remaining F-4's are being converted into target drones.  It won't be long before the same this occurs with the F-16's.

This was my view at lunchtime, where I enjoyed one of the best burgers I had whilst in the states.
More pics to follow from Pima.

2 comments:

  1. They should go back to using that three colour green camouflage. No more boring grey planes!

    ReplyDelete